The iPhone 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak is free and takes about 2 minutes, so if you haven’t done it yet go and fetch your iPhone and get ready to jailbreak.
Once you have a jailbroken iPhone you can try apps for free before you buy them (even TomTom!), you can update the look of your iPhone with themes, you can have apps that didn’t get approved by Apple – all sorts. So, prepare to open your iPhone to a whole world of new possibilities with this free 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak.
1. Go here and download Greenpois0n onto your PC
2. Go here and download TinyUmbrella onto your PC
3. Plug in your iPhone, make sure it is running OS 4.2.1
4. If iTunes opened, close it.
5. Open TinyUmbrella on your PC, select your iPhone in the left column, and click on ‘Save SHSH’. This will enable you to restore everything back to this point in time if you want to in the future (only really needed if you have previously unlocked your iPhone to all networks, but a good idea to do this step anyway). Close TinyUmbrella.
6. Open Greenpois0n on your PC. It will ask you to put your iPhone into DFU mode. At this point you can click on the button and follow the instructions to do this, or you can prepare yourself by putting your iPhone into DFU mode before you start. Whatever – makes no difference.
7. Follow the instructions. Don’t worry about all the white writing and restarting – this is normal. You now have a jailbroken iPhone on 4.2.1, this is an untethered and free jailbreak.
8. On your iPhone, you’ll see a new icon called Loader. Run the Loader to install Cydia.
9. Once Cydia is installed, you can go ahead and delete the Loader.
10. Google Installous, and away you go 🙂
Still not sure what to do? Well just watch this video and see how easy it is!
All download links are available above. Like this guide? Then please click the ‘Like’ button below, and remember to Follow me on Twitter for more guides.